Not having finished the trail had bothered me for quite a few years. So this past spring I decided that I was going to tackle it again. I had learned a lot about hiking and how to cut weight so I was able to cut my pack weight in about half and made several other improvements to my gear situation. Bill wasn’t going to be able to make it so it would be a solo trip but I wanted to go anyway. I had recently seen a video called the Green Tunnel which was a compressed, stop-motion video of the entire 2200 mile Appalacian Trail and decided I wanted to try something similar. So I attached a digital camera to my pack belt, hit the button about every 30 steps, and here is the result!
Friday, April 8, 2011
Land Between the Lakes North/South Trail in Two Days! 4/6-7/2011
Not having finished the trail had bothered me for quite a few years. So this past spring I decided that I was going to tackle it again. I had learned a lot about hiking and how to cut weight so I was able to cut my pack weight in about half and made several other improvements to my gear situation. Bill wasn’t going to be able to make it so it would be a solo trip but I wanted to go anyway. I had recently seen a video called the Green Tunnel which was a compressed, stop-motion video of the entire 2200 mile Appalacian Trail and decided I wanted to try something similar. So I attached a digital camera to my pack belt, hit the button about every 30 steps, and here is the result!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment