After successfully completing the LSPP Coastal Trail hike Roy invited me along on a winter climbing trip to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. The goal is to climb all of the peaks over 4,000 feet of which there are 48 in New Hampshire. Some people do it in the summer but those who want a bit more of a challenge do it in the winter. I was excited to go but had never done any mountaineering and did not have any equipment. Fortunately Brian Rise who had gotten Roy involved in the winter climbing had equipment that I could borrow since he was not going on the trip this year. So again not knowing anything of what I was about to get myself into off I went. Most of it was fun and challenging but there was an hour or so of "oh crap I'm going to die" kind of stuff. But it was great! And here is Roy's video of the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment